Commercial and Manufacturing
Applications for Infrared Zoom
The number of commercial applications for infrared and zoom are exploding.
- In firefighting, infrared is used to search out and rescue people in smoke filled rooms.
- Bottling plants use infrared in order to tell whether the bottles are filled with liquid.
- Medical companies use infrared to determine if a needle is properly inserted into an arm.
- Thermographers have made inroads for home inspections, using infrared to determine if insulation needs to be replaced.
- Infrared zoom can be used in a commercial environment to rapidly assay a side of a house and then zoom up on a particular area to determine the nature of the heat loss, or find infestations of insects.
- Car companies are adding infrared to detect whether there are obstacles in the road, regardless of weather conditions or ambient lighting.
- Insurance companies use infrared to determine if water damage has occurred without requiring that the structure be moved.
- Electrical companies use infrared to inspect for arcing or hot areas before exposing the technician to potentially lethal damage.
- Motor companies use infrared to inspect motors to determine whether the motors are overheating.
…The list goes on and on, and new applications are being announced every day.
Often the overlay of infrared and visible is used to provide more information than either spectrum can provide alone. Spectral filters can tell the presence or absence of chemicals or what gas is present and whether it is harmful or not.
From cars, to housing, to electrical inspection, the use of infrared in commercial applications is rapidly expanding. Having the added ability to zoom is a coveted feature, since the picture can be framed to the users taste and imagination.
Why be limited to a single field of view?
Call or email us to discuss how infrared can enhance your commercial or manufacturing application.
Buying from IRZoom.com
As any buyer will tell you, often the lens selection process is bogged down in details and complexity. At IRZoom.com, it’s our goal to simplify the process.
With stock or custom choices, we can either provide a lens, a lens already integrated to a sensor, or a variety of options, given the application requirements. We generally work directly with camera suppliers to ensure a match, then have you purchase the lens from us and the camera from the supplier. If you have any questions about whether one of our lenses can be integrated with a particular camera, or need us to provide the integration, just ask.
Stock Lenses & Camera Systems
We recommend you begin the process by visiting the Products section of our website, where you can scroll through our stock selection or narrow your search by function using our guided search engine. We are also happy to work with you directly. We’ll simply need to gather some details on your application or need. Although a detailed specification is preferred, a simple phone call or one paragraph description will do to get things moving along.
Click HERE to view our full line of stock infrared zoom lenses.
Custom Lenses & Camera Systems
If you feel that you may need custom lenses or camera systems, we’re also happy to help.
IRZoom.com has specialized in the optical generation of lenses from a range of special materials. Modern lens design and manufacture also allows for less expensive Aspheres, or lenses of non-radial shape, that can reduce the number of lens elements in a given system. As a division of Computer Optics Inc., IRZoom.com is one of the few US based small businesses that has the ability to design AND manufacture zoom lenses all within the same building.
Please feel free to call us at 603-889-2116 or use our contact form to send an email.